Translate

Sunday 17 July 2016

How to Make a Floating Raft Bed For an Aquaponics System

Using floating rafts in Aquaponics is a great way of growing crops directly from the water surface. Whether this be in a substrate-free raft bed, channel or directly on the surface of the pond/basin where the water is being taken from.  I imagine that you could make any shape you choose as well.

Here you can see a great photo-description from Max Aquaponics on FaceBook, on how to build a floating raft very quickly and easily.



Thanks to Max Aquaponics for allowing me to post this on the blog.

I  think that you will all agree that this is a very simple way of making the Aquaponic rafts, and is an easy way of growing salad vegetables.  I have seen this done with lettuce, chard,celery, and other leafy greens. Now I just need to set up a raft bed for my own system.


I love Aquaponics.




Amazon does aquaponics...